WHY CHOOSE KONSTANTINE TRICHAS, DDS?
An Extraordinary Team of Highly Trained Dentists
- Invisalign Preferred Provider
- Expert in the Field of Cosmetic Dentistry (FAGD)
- Recognized as a Top Cosmetic Dentist in NewBeauty Magazine
- FELLOWSHIP Academy of General Dentistry (FAGD)
- Awarded to Only 7% of Dentists Nationwide
- World Class Master Ceramist Creates Artistic Restoration for the Perfect Smile
- Talented Specialist on Staff Certified as Both a Periodontist & Prosthodontist
- Dental Anesthesiologist on Staff Providing IV Sedation for Relaxed Dental Experience
What is the LANAP™ Laser Therapy Procedure?
A laser is a tiny beam of very concentrated light . This beam of light brings energy into your mouth through a tiny fiber, to help remove areas of infection and remove gum disease around the teeth with great precision and accuracy.
The laser beam sterilizes the affected area and seals off blood vessels, which minimizes the chance of infection or bleeding. Patients are also much more comfortable during and after treatment with laser therapy. The need for local anesthetic is reduced but it is usually used to make sure that you feel absolutely nothing during the treatment.
Benefits of LANAP™ (Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure)
- LANAP™ is easy- there’s no cutting and no suturing.
- There is much less bleeding, swelling and discomfort than with standard surgery — during and after the LANAP™ procedure.
- There is Reduced risk of infection
- It takes less time than traditional surgery. It could take as little as one treatment visit to our office and two follow up visits. Traditional surgery could require four sessions of about one hour each, with subsequent visits for suture removal and additional check-ups.
- LANAP™ gives comparable and in some cases better results than traditional surgery.
- There is less than 24 hour recovery period, so you won’t lose time from work.
- LANAP™ is safe for patients with health concerns such as diabetes, HIV, hemophilia, or those taking medications such as Plavix or aspirin.
LANAP™ Bone Grafting Procedure for Bone Regeneration
- LANAP™ is the only FDA approved laser to regenerate bone. We have the ability to grow bone in areas that would have required extractions and implants.
- NO Incisions or Sutures are necessary
- Because no bleeding is involved, there will be no need to stop blood thinners (for example aspirin)
- No Bone grafting which requires placement of foreign material, is needed.
- LASER STIMULATES YOUR OWN BODY TO GENERATE BONE
Procedures Performed with Laser Therapy
- Surgical and dental proceduresThe laser acts as a cutting instrument or a vaporizer of tissue that it comes in contact with.
- Gum diseaseWhen lasers are used during periodontal therapy, there is less bleeding, swelling and discomfort to the patient when cleaning and removing diseased tissue. Scalpels and stitches are often completely unnecessary, resulting in quick and comfortable healing.
- Tooth decayLasers are used to remove decay within a tooth and prepare the surrounding enamel for receipt of the filling. Lasers are also used to “cure” or harden a filling.
- Teeth WhiteningThe laser acts as a heat source and enhances the effect of tooth bleaching agents.
- Cosmetic purposesWe can use the laser to simplify a variety of oral corrections that may be requested including evening crooked gum lines and reducing the length of the gum line. Teeth that appear small or short can be “lengthened” by recontouring the gum line using the laser. This procedure is used to create a perfect, harmonious gum line in relation to the lips and teeth.
- Biopsy or lesion removalLasers can be used to remove a small piece of tissue (called a biopsy) so that it can be examined for cancer. Laser are also used to remove lesions in the mouth; and relieve the pain of canker sores.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.